To the extent permitted by law, Samsung does not represent or warrant that Samsung Services, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any specific jurisdiction. Those who choose to access Samsung Service do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
- 1.INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
- Personal Information
- At times, we may use a feature of your browser to send your computer a “cookie”. Cookies are used by thousands of web sites in order to enhance your web experience. A cookie is a small data file that assigns a unique anonymous number to your browser from a web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies cannot damage or read information stored on your hard drive. Cookies make your web experience more enjoyable by storing passwords and preferences. You can adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies or to inform you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. However, your election not to accept cookies may diminish your experience with the Samsung Service because of additional time needed to repeatedly enter information.
- Non-Personal Information
- 2. USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Our Services
- We use your Personal Information to provide you with any services that you may request or require, to communicate with you and to allow you to participate in online surveys. We use aggregated non-personal information about our users to understand our website’s demographics, such as the geographic distribution of our users, the number of users visiting a certain location, a combination of these and/or other demographics. We may also use the personal or non-personal information we collect to analyze how Samsung Service is being used, and to improve the content of Samsung Service, and for marketing and promotional efforts, including direct marketing, so that we or any of our related companies can send you information about products and services which we believe may be of interest to you.
- E-mail Communications
- If you send us an e-mail with questions or comments, we may use your Personal Information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. You also may be asked to consent to being contacted by e-mail, and to send you (either ourselves or a related company) information about products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to subscribe to an electronic newsletter that will send information about Samsung Service or our advertisers to your e-mail address. However, we will provide you with the option to change your preferences and opt-out of receiving those communications.
- 3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- Aggregate Information
- Co-Branded Services and Features
- Samsung Service may also offer co-branded services and features, such as events and/or promotions that we put together with another company or with our affiliates (“Co-Branded Partner”). Such services and features may be hosted on Samsung Service and/or on our Co-Branded Partner’s website. We may share your Personal Information with our Co-Branded Partner and your voluntary use of, or participation in, a co-branded service or feature means that you opt-in and give your affirmative consent to both Samsung Service and our Co-Branded Partner to collect and use your Personal Information provided during the registration process and/or in connection with the specific co-branded feature or service for the fulfilment of the feature or service and for marketing or administrative purposes. If you wish to opt-out of a Co-Branded Partner’s future use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you will need to contact the Co-Branded Partner directly.
- Service Providers
- We sometimes engage unaffiliated businesses to assist us in providing you with certain services. For example, we may use third parties (including a payment gateway service provider) to provide advertising, marketing and promotional assistance, provide e-mail services, or facilitate sales and our online services. In those instances, we may need to share your Personal Information with them. We require these companies to use your Personal Information only to provide the particular product or service and do not authorize them to use your Personal Information for any other reason.
- We sometimes offer promotions in conjunction with a third party sponsor. If you choose to participate in one of those promotions, we may share your information with the sponsor if they need it to send you a product or other special promotion they offer.
- Business Transactions Involving Samsung Service
As Samsung Service continues to develop, we may engage in commercial transactions such as buying, selling or combination of such with other businesses. If so, non-personal and Personal Information that we or other businesses have collected will likely be transferred as part of the transaction. If we engage in such a business, we will attempt to ensure that requests made to us regarding e-mail communications will be honoured by relevant third parties.
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to deliver specific advertisements to you. These companies would collect non-personal information about your visits to Samsung Service in order to provide advertisements about products and services that may be of interest to you. These companies may also aggregate your non-personal information for use in targeted advertising, marketing research, and other similar purposes. These companies may place their own cookies on your computer. If you want to prevent a third-party advertiser from collecting and using this information, you may visit each third-party advertiser’s website directly and opt-out.
We may disclose Personal Information when we are required or requested in good faith to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; to enforce or apply our rights and agreements; or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung Service and Samsung, our users, or others.
Samsung Service is not designed for use by children without their parent’s supervision. We ask that anyone under the age of thirteen not submit any Personal Information through a Samsung Service. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13), and therefore we do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
5. SECURITY OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your Personal Information. However, please remember that there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically prior to our collection. The Personal Information we collect is stored within databases that we control. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. We restrict access to Personal Information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
6. CHAT ROOMS AND OTHER PUBLIC AREAS
7. USER GENERATED CONTENT UPLOAD
Registered users that participate by submitting content to us agree to have certain Personal Information posted on Samsung Service and on any platform on which we operate or provide services, or, if such feature is offered in connection with a Co-Branded Partner, on our Co-Branded Partner’s website in connection with the display of the user’s video. Registered users that upload videos may also be required to submit additional Personal Information.
Any submissions that you make to any public areas of the Samsung Service such as bulletin boards (“Public Areas”) will be public and will not be considered Personal Information. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the actions of other users of the Samsung Service with respect to any information you post in Public Areas. In addition, information that you submit to Public Areas may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages and for other purposes.
8. ARCHIVED INFORMATION
We maintain archives of its web logs, database, and other systems and information. Please note that it is possible some of this information may remain archived after we delete the information from its active database. We maintain archives for disaster recovery, legal and other non-marketing purposes.
9. CONTESTS AND SWEEPSTAKES
Registration may not always be required to enter promotions such as contests and sweepstakes on Samsung Service. These may have a separate registration or entry process and may require your submission of Personal Information such as your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. The entry page and/or fules will provide the specific requirements for the promotion involved. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to special offers from our advertisers in connection with many of these types of promotions.
10. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
11. ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Global Communications Group
35F, Samsung Electronics Bldg.
1320-10 Seocho 2 dong, Seocho gu,
Seoul, 137-857, Republic of Korea
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Samsung’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Samsung and you.
If we receive a request to change your information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that all of your Personal Information stored in databases we actively use to operate Samsung Service will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably practicable.
12. ABOUT SAMSUNG GROUP
Each company within the Samsung Group is an independent legal entity. The Samsung Group is not a legal entity. Instead, the Samsung Group is a term to conveniently refer to a group of companies which are tied together by their corporate history. Therefore, please do not mistake the companies by their use of the similar name of Samsung. In particular, no company within the Samsung Group can accept or receive service of process on behalf of another. No company within the Samsung Group is legally liable for another unless specifically agreed to in writing to assume such liabilities. The Website does not establish any nexus between any of the companies within the Samsung Group such that you can assume that they can be sued jointly or severally on behalf of another.