To the extent permitted by law, Samsung does not represent or warrant that Samsung Services, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any specific jurisdiction. Those who choose to access Samsung Service do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
- 1.INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
- Personal Information
- At times, we may use a feature of your browser to send your computer a "cookie". Cookies are used by thousands of web sites in order to enhance your web experience. A cookie is a small data file that assigns a unique anonymous number to your browser from a web server and is stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies cannot damage or read information stored on your hard drive. Cookies make your web experience more enjoyable by storing passwords and preferences. You can adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies or to inform you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. However, your election not to accept cookies may diminish your experience with the Samsung Service because of additional time needed to repeatedly enter information.
- Non-Personal Information
- 2. USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Our Services
- We use your Personal Information to provide you with any services that you may request or require, to communicate with you and to allow you to participate in online surveys. We use aggregated non-personal information about our users to understand our website's demographics, such as the geographic distribution of our users, the number of users visiting a certain location, a combination of these and/or other demographics. We may also use the personal or non-personal information we collect to analyze how Samsung Service is being used, and to improve the content of Samsung Service, and for marketing and promotional efforts, including direct marketing, so that we or any of our related companies can send you information about products and services which we believe may be of interest to you.
- E-mail Communications
- If you send us an e-mail with questions or comments, we may use your Personal Information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. You also may be asked to consent to being contacted by e-mail, and to send you (either ourselves or a related company) information about products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to subscribe to an electronic newsletter that will send information about Samsung Service or our advertisers to your e-mail address. However, we will provide you with the option to change your preferences and opt-out of receiving those communications.
- 3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- Aggregate Information
- Co-Branded Services and Features
- Samsung Service may also offer co-branded services and features, such as events and/or promotions that we put together with another company or with our affiliates ("Co-Branded Partner"). Such services and features may be hosted on Samsung Service and/or on our Co-Branded Partner’s website. We may share your Personal Information with our Co-Branded Partner and your voluntary use of, or participation in, a co-branded service or feature means that you opt-in and give your affirmative consent to both Samsung Service and our Co-Branded Partner to collect and use your Personal Information provided during the registration process and/or in connection with the specific co-branded feature or service for the fulfilment of the feature or service and for marketing or administrative purposes. If you wish to opt-out of a Co-Branded Partner's future use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you will need to contact the Co-Branded Partner directly.
- Service Providers
- We sometimes engage unaffiliated businesses to assist us in providing you with certain services. For example, we may use third parties (including a payment gateway service provider) to provide advertising, marketing and promotional assistance, provide e-mail services, or facilitate sales and our online services. In those instances, we may need to share your Personal Information with them. We require these companies to use your Personal Information only to provide the particular product or service and do not authorize them to use your Personal Information for any other reason.
- We sometimes offer promotions in conjunction with a third party sponsor. If you choose to participate in one of those promotions, we may share your information with the sponsor if they need it to send you a product or other special promotion they offer.